Hola! Today, I am going to talk about The Innisfree Super Volcanic Pore Clay Mask. The only clay mask I used before this one was the lotus clay white whitening pack. This one however, serves a different purpose, it is supposed to adsorb sebum and relieve us of those pesky pore issues. Also, this dude is Korean and burns a bigger hole in your pocket.
This is made from volcanic clay found in the Korean Island of Jeju.
“Tightens pores+ Removes Sebum + Exfoliates dead Skin cells+ Offers Deep cleansing + Enhances skin tone+ Provides cooling effect.
This Clay Mask with its super volcanic cluster capsules powerfully adsorbs sebum to intensively resolve pore concerns.”
Price- 1100/- for 100ml.
Packaging- The outer carton is a cardboard box of recycled paper. The product comes in a brown plastic jar with a metallic cap. There is a transparent plastic cover on the tub to separate the mask from the cap. The only concern is that you need to dip your finger every time to get the mask out.
Texture- The mask is very thick. I usually throw my other masks when they get old and reach this consistency. 😛
Applying the mask can be difficult so, I wet my face a little bit and apply the mask on my wet face. This way, it glides on smoothly in a thin layer.
- After cleansing, apply skin toner to refine skin texture and gently smooth over entire face, avoiding the eye and lip area.
- After 10 minutes, gently roll using fingertips to rinse off with lukewarm water
- I have a very oily skin with large pores. especially, around my nose and forehead. Sebum gets accumulated in the pores and when exposed to air, they oxidize and cause blackheads. Clogged pores can lead to breakouts. Thus, it is essential to keep deep clean your skin which is not possible by simply using face wash.
- I use have been using the mask twice a week for the past 2 months.
- It takes about 10 mins to dry after which I massage it lightly in circular motion to exfoliate the skin then remove it using water
- On application, the mask gives a cooling effect to the skin which is very relaxing.
- The biggest advantage for me was the it did really shrink the pores, albeit, temporarily. This is possibly, because of the cooling effect that it provides. The pores appeared a lot cleaner and diminished in size.
- My skin felt squeaky clean and it was evident that all the sebum had been soaked up.
- Also, the skin felt soft and supple, like you feel after an exfoliation.
- My skin did look brighter after applying this product.
- It did not cause breakouts or irritation.
- However, my face felt a slightly stretched after applying this which was remedied immediately by a moisturizer. For this reason, I will not recommend this to people with dry skin.
Verdict- Tightens pores, absorbs sebum, gently exfoliates the skin. There is no claim that it did not fulfill. I am so happy to have discovered this mask. The price may seem a bit steep but it is worth every penny. Loving the Koreans for this. Oily skinned people do try it. Dry skinned people should give this a miss.